Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Fountain

I have started to make a list of movies that everyone should see. The Fountain is not number one, but it's definitely up there. This is an excellent movie. I would say that everybody should see it, but there have been a few people that I have talked to that were very confused at the end; so confused that they ended up disliking the movie. If you can't understand it, at least keep watching for the cinematography. The movie has three story lines that intertwine. The different stories are from the past, present, and future. Some people say that it has to do with reincarnation, which I would have to disagree with. I don't think I could explain it very well to someone who hasn't actually seen it. I would say it's definitely a movie that you have to keep up with. So, if you don't like have to think during movies, you probably will find it hard to follow. I still recommend giving it a try though. Darren Aronofsky, the director, along with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz, playing Tommy and Izzy, did an amazing job in making this a very believable, yet unbelievable film.

1 comment:

Dutchess said...

I have never heard of it, but it sounds interesting! I'll keep an eye out for it