Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Plans

Ok...so it really hit me today that I'm in college. College, the golden prize I had always imagined myself getting to in life. That was it. It's like, that's the goal. I realized that now that I'm here, what next? I just assumed that I would have this grand epiphany once I got here and I would know exactly what I was supposed to do with the rest of my life. Well, I'm here, and college hasn't given me the slightest clue what to do next. I'm still waiting for instructions...because, isn't that what we have had our entire lives? INSTRUCTIONS. Ok...instructions...where are they?...ok....wait...so you're telling me that I have to decide what to do ON MY OWN? I just thought it would be like: 1)Go to college 2)Find your career 3)Graduate 4)Do the thing you have studied for for 4 years 5)Get married 6)Have kids 7) Live happily ever after. Yeah, NOT that easy. If I've learned anything from college so far, it's that plans almost ALWAYS fail. LIFE WILL PLAY GAMES WITH YOU. Life: "Oh yeah, you think things are going well, huh? Ok, we'll see how you feel once I keep every guy away from you FOREVER. *evil laugh*". I might be a bit dramatic. That's because I'm tired. I guess I've learned to expect the unexpected. That's the only thing we can really do. And now for the story you've been waiting for.

COLLEGE STORY #2
Ok, so this was about 2 weeks ago. This would happen to me right as I'm starting college. I was trying to find a grocery store because we needed milk for our dorm (cereal is about all we have in here). So, I found this place called The Apple Market. I pulled in (not gonna lie, a little shady). I walked in, found the milk, and walked up to check out. This guy walked up behind me. All the sudden I hear, "Do you go to church?" in a kind of loud voice. I turn around, and the guy is just standing there, a little too close honestly. I'm not going to be mean, so I'll just say that he looked like he hadn't showered in a while. I answered, "Me? Yeah, I go to church." He paused for a couple seconds. "I'm just a Jesus Freak! I can't help it! Man, people just HATE me for loving God!" Keep in mind....VERY LOUD. I seriously didn't know how to respond to that. I mean, I really do love God, but this dude is the kind of person that gives Christians a bad name. I kind of nodded and got the heck out of there. I'm not sure how exactly I get in these situations, but they seem to follow me a lot. But then again, how boring would my life be without these situations? Pretty dull.

5 comments:

joshua T said...

Anna, your events similarly happened to me, but mine were harder since i did not complete my university studies.
What helped my was to stick to my goals an all along i have been moving along.

Anonymous said...

Just sort of came across your blog. I am actually a career counselor at a Christian college. Let me reassure you that you do not have to know what you want to do for the rest of your life. Take classes that you enjoy, writing, photography, lietrature what ever that might be. College should be more than just training for a job, but learning more about yourself and how God wants to use you in the future.

Kari --- said...

There's no set order to do things in! I was in university for 2 years (pre-med) and then met my husband. We were married 8 mos later, and 11.5 months after that, our first son arrived! Now, he'ss 11 years old and I am heading back to university next Sept. Med school here I come!!!!
Good luck with whatever path you take! :)

Jack, Whitney, and Smith said...

Just caught up on your blog. Love it! Keep writing. It will keep me in on your life while i'm in tx... not to mention keep me laughing. Love you! ... Whit

Q's NEWS said...

After reading some of your entries, I would say you have a talent for writing! Very funny stuff! Good luck during college!

Susan